UPSA is pleased to announce the opportunity for two first-year students to take a leadership role on the Executive Board as First-Year Representatives! This is an opportunity for a new incoming student to join the UPSA Executive Board and to put ideas into action. The UPSA First-Year Representatives will have the opportunity to create programming and work closely with faculty and alumni to strengthen the planning community at Wagner.
First-Year Representative responsibilities include:
- Working with the UPSA Executive Board to develop programming ideas for lectures, events, field trips, and panel discussions.
- Planning, promoting and implementing at least one event for the 2012-2013 academic year (with the full support and help of the Executive Board!)
- Developing relationships with other student organizations at Wagner and in the greater NYU community.
- Acting as an ambassador to fellow first-year students to ensure their needs and ideas are incorporated and addressed within UPSA.
- Attend regular UPSA Executive Board meetings.
First-Year Representatives are expected to serve through the end of the 2012-2013 academic year. Full and part time students are welcome to apply!
To apply, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a one-page response to the following questions:
- What makes you an excellent candidate to be a 2012-2013 UPSA First-Year Representative?
- This year marks the 50th Anniversary of the planning program at Wagner: what are your ideas for events that UPSA can do to commemorate this occasion?
The deadline to apply is midnight Thursday, September 27th.